Performance venues and directions
The former Royal Court Theatres were constructed between 1909 and 1912 by the architect Max Littmann. The building complex consists of opera house, play house and administrative building. In 1924 the buildings were placed under a preservation order. The smaller play house was completely destroyed during the Second World War and only the opera house, decorated with neo-classical columns, survived the War.